Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: JnS is IN baby!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SenekaGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 1999
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    so how do u like it? How much faster does it feel? seems to be doin the job. cant wait for mine now. laters

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That great! So how did you get yours already? I would like to know how long it took to install and what was involved? There is no insight into installs on the J&S site and no one had really talked about it. Thanks and good luck.

  3. #3
    Silvino
    Guest Silvino's Avatar

    Post

    Well, my sorry ass fergot the camera at work so no pictures but I'll be heping someone else write isntructions up on the install. Knowing the wiring and the place to install the knock sensor are about hardest things. Paching the wiring at the ECU is just annoying, not too hard. The install of the sensor took me less than an hour because I knew where it should go (thanks to TOO and Raffe's help of course). Raffe walked my ass through the wiring so we now know the details for '97 tegs. I didn't use the solderless connectors that JnS supplied; I soldered everything at the ECU. I'm still looking at where to install the display though. Besides tuning ita little. that's my only issue right now. I also noticed I'm running VERY rich. My tail pipe has wet film on the tip that I can rub off with my finger. This is worrying me. Not sure if I broke a sensor or what. I don't have any check engine lights on else I'd be sure it was a sensor. Hmm...wish I had the fuel pressure meter on frown.


    ------------------
    Silvino Orozco
    '97 Integra GS-R w/JRSC,JR Fuel pump, AEM Cold Air Intake, Powerstop rotors/Axxis Metal Master brake pads, A'PEXi Dunk Exhaust, J&S Safeguard unit


  4. #4
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So by running +3 degrees or so... how does it feel.

    I'm sure others that step up from 10 degrees or so may feel much better results. Sounds like you were already running your timing pretty high.

    Bummer you didn't get photo's.

    We'll maybe I'll take some when I get mine.

    ------------------
    Lundgren
    Lundgren's Integra Site
    My AllAdvantage Page

  5. #5
    Silvino
    Guest Silvino's Avatar

    Post

    I've not messed with it much because I want to talk with a couple of people who have it installed already before I come to conclusions. I have the settings very aggressive because my car without the JnS was running 12-14 degrees timing before it with minor detonation when going uphill and low rpm in 3rd. If I laid off it went away quickly. Now I have the car at 17 degrees and I get absolutely no pinging at all but I get the JnS retarding timing a bit at 3k under medium throttle and at 5kish under heavy. I don't want the JnS always doing that so I probably will try 16. We'll see though. No track times yet of course since it's a pain in the ass. I can get y0ssa to let me borrow his GTech and see if I can beat my 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds (I have shitty rubber btw). Anyhow, I will keep you all posted.

    ------------------
    Silvino Orozco
    '97 Integra GS-R w/JRSC,JR Fuel pump, AEM Cold Air Intake, Powerstop rotors/Axxis Metal Master brake pads, A'PEXi Dunk Exhaust, J&S Safeguard unit


  6. #6
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There will def. be pics when I get mine wink

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •